Friday, August 14, 2009

A little decorating...

I've been doing a little here and there to our guest bedroom. I still want to get it painted in the near future, but I've been more focused on other projects at the moment. :)

The theme of this room is a cross between gardening and nature. These pictures were my inspiration. It was love at first sight when I saw them.

The rack on the left was a gift from my sweet mother-in-law. The top holds a bird's next that I found in my yard - it had fallen from the tree - and some neat looking plastic eggs. She also gave me this awesome galvanized watering can.


Last month I found some little watering can figurines by my (new) favorite artist - less than a dollar for both!!


Can you find Peter in the picture below?
He looks quite at home in my little garden room, provided Mr. McGregor isn't anywhere around! :)

(Hint: On the bed, peeking out!)

The room is coming together! The next steps should be paint and curtains. I'm not in a big hurry, though. :) Thanks for coming on the little tour of my guest bedroom! Drop in again to visit!

For more great show and tells, visit Kelli's blog! :)

6 comments:

  1. The rooms looks great and I couldn't find Peter until you gave him away!

    Please stop by The Old Parsonage anytime, I love visitors!

    Enjoy
    Leann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "we all have wings..." print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming together very well and looking mighty welcoming!
    Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like what you did here.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is too cute. How talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your room looks great! I, too, would have fallen for the wings print - it's so cute! And I also have a thing for vintage metal watering cans, they have so much character. Love the old suitcases, too :) Can't wait to see it after paint and curtains!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!