Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chari Tree Chat

I trust all of you had a good weekend! Ours was very good, though very busy.... Mark's mom turned 50 on Friday... (Happy Birthday, Mom!) :) We went up to help her celebrate and to help with the party Friday night.

The intent was to surprise her, but that is impossible. She just pretended she didn't know anything about it, and just went with the flow. :)
Here's the room all decorated:


The real surprise was a friend that drove up to see her. I love the look of joy! :)

The table was LOADED with yummy food!


Mom and her cake. (No, I didn't make this one. We went the easier way and ordered it from someone local to them.) :)


Opening gifts. (That's something I made her! Can you guess what it is?) :)


We had lots of fun! Then on Saturday more fun again. We did some shopping and went for "Grand Tea" in a downtown restaurant.


So much fun for us gals!! :)


Stay tuned for a fall home tour... Mark's mom does some beautiful decorating and I took some pictures to share with you all! :)

5 comments:

  1. Aww, you didn't show us the gift! But I can just imagine how pretty it is :) A Tea party! Fun Fun! I'm so jealous :) I love all the chintz tea cups. Looks like y'all made some sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope... gotta come back Friday to see the gift - FOF! :) Yes, we made lots of happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet of her family to do this for 50th B-D. The decorations all look wonderful and seems like there was happiness overflowing....thanks so much for sharing this....I turned 50 myself back in August. Had a gathering at the local D.Q. with the family....it was good just to be together.....although there were some missing from our bunch....smile...can't wait for the home tour....blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great time. Going for tea is such fun. Can't wait to see the FOF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Family = Fun! Looks like you had both...how lucky!
    Lookin' forward to FOF, too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!