Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The Chair Collection

I can be anything
any person
anywhere
if I just have my book and chair.
~Karla Kuskin

But of all the cheap treasures that garnish my nest,
There’s one that I love and I cherish the best:
For the finest of couches that’s padded with hair
I never would change thee, my cane-bottom’d chair.
~William Makepeace Thackeray



“A house that does not have one warm, comfy chair in it is soulless”
May Sarton



To sit in an old rocking chair
That's a pleasure I really like to do,
It soothes the soul and relaxes the mind
This is a fact that has been proved to be true.
~ Adine Cathey



“Every chair should be a throne and hold a king”
Ralph Waldo Emerson



I LOVE it, I love it ; and who shall dare
To chide me for loving that old Arm-chair ?
~Eliza Cook


Ummm... see? I told you I loved old chairs.

and that last one... yeah, I rescued it from the side of the road. No, it wasn't quite that bad when I got it. Maybe I can repair it? a little bit?? :) It's an old platform rocker and I just love the shape of the back and the arms!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Lord is helping Sis. Connie. Last night she requested for her husband to sing this song for her. Thank you all for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. You have a great chair collection! I especially love the green rocker - SO CUTE!
    And, oh yes, there's still hope for the platform rocker...but you'd better hurry! :) If you decide not to fix it, you could always use it for a planter outside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful old chairs...thanks so much for sharing them.....blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!