Make me so happy... :) When we've hardly had any rain, it's hard for rainy days to "get me down." My lawn was needing watered again, and nothing does it like a good rain. It's been falling softly all morning. Makes me feel like curling up with a good book and a cup of coffee. Oh, wait. I already did that this morning, during my morning quiet time. The Bible and So Long, Insecurity by Beth Moore. Great book(s)! :)
I wanted to share a little of my yard work from Saturday. It was crazy hot, but I got 'er done!
I cleared out my nasty rangy pansies. (They are a winter flower down in the south. After May, they start looking really sick.) I had bought a hanging basket of petunias for $5. There were four plants in that basket, and they are so happy to have some room! They started blooming like crazy! (the fertilizer probably helped a bit as well...) :) The ducks seem happy for some pretty company, don't you think?
I also weeded this part of the bed:
I know, it doesn't really look like much, but those are my two rose bushes and they seemed to take a big breath after I got all the weeds from around them. With the weeding and the fertilizer/bug killer, maybe I'll get more blooms this year. When am I supposed to prune them again?
My garden is going nuts! Especially my cherry tomato - hmmm... it must feel right at home.
My other tomatoes aren't setting well. Maybe too hot and dry to early? Maybe the rain will help. My cucumbers seem to be starting to produce!
I know this one looks a little wonky, but it will (hopefully) still taste good! At least it didn't dry up and fall off! :) I'm hoping for lots of cucumbers - one of my favorites!! Yummy!! :) I just love fresh garden produce!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for some more good news!! Our friend Sis. Connie is off the ventilator!! She is doing well! So thankful to God for His touch. Thank you for your continued prayers as she still is fighting the cancer.
See you again tomorrow for Finished Object Friday!! :)
0 Friendly Greetings:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!