Friday, June 11, 2010

Finished Object Friday

Happy Friday! Well, I did finish my project last night. (sortof. I still have a few threads to contend with...) This was my first time for ruffles!!! I'm not sure why it has taken me this long to try them - they are easy and fun! :)

This was a fun top to make - I love the ruffles!!

I picked up the shirts for a little bit of nothing at wally world. I was getting a little tired last night, so all the ruffles aren't exactly even. The jacket does a good job disguising the imperfections. :)

(although... the jacket is a little warm for this East Texas summer!

I used this tutorial here. It's a great little tutorial, but it took me a little longer to finish than I thought. Probably because of my inexperience with ruffles for one thing. Mark had to work late last night, so I didn't have to cook supper. I decided to spend my time creatively instead of vegging in front of the computer all night. :) I haven't added a flower, but I may. I still have a few ruffles left from the length of little ruffles for the top. Next time I would make the top ruffles a little looser. I have a couple more tops (pink!!) and I may try something a little more on this line for it. It was a fun project and I think turned out cute! I'm loving the ruffles!! :)

So what have you all been up to recently? Have you also become friends again with your sewing machine like I have? :) If you are new to FOF see this post. And don't forget to come back and see what others have posted!






This linky list is now closed.

4 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm so loving this!! Tell ya what, I'll trade you a nest pillow for a ruffle shirt! Hehehe My trouble is finding petite tees. The regular ones always go to my knees :)I'll just have to see if I can find some and make me one - I'm getting reeeealy addicted to ruffles lately :) Yours looks awesome - you did great for your first time with ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Ruffles are really "in" right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo, I love it! I've been dying to try both of those tutorials, so now I'm just going to have to get on the ball & do it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!