I told you yesterday that I had a crazy week... well, here's my story. :)
Tuesday morning I was working around the house, minding my own business... laundry etc... I walked into our bedroom and saw something (besides laundry...) on the floor. My first thought was "how did a worm get in here?" Then I saw the head! A Snake! After screaming, I started looking about wildly for something to put over it. My (empty) coffee mug was kind of small so I grabbed the next best thing - one of my glass domes. I then proceeded to have a meltdown while calling Mark, Dad and Mom (in that order). Dad came over and killed it for me. Whew!! Thanks again, Dad! :)
Tuesday evening, I got the chance to repay Dad, as his truck wouldn't start and he needed a ride home from work. Later, that evening Mark came inside from spreading "Snake Away" around the house, he said that there was a cat stuck in our tree outside. Of course, I had to go look. :) It was a kitten that someone had dropped off, and his brother wasn't too far away. Poor things!
I brought them inside and made a safe temporary home in our old pet taxi. (They were so glad to be in a secure spot.) They were a little wild, but by Wednesday night they had calmed quite a bit and I had even got both their purrs going. :)
Dad put out an email at his office and one of his coworkers decided to adopt them. (There was no way I could keep them... I have no good place for them, and some of our frequent guests are allergic.) But I enjoyed being a foster mom for a little while, for the most part. I am glad they have a good home! :)
Well, I hope you've enjoyed my little tale. :) The ending is better than the beginning - but that's what makes a good story, right? :) I hope you have a great weekend!! (free of all unwanted tails!)

EEK! I'm sure I would have had a meltdown as well! The Snake Away will work until it rains then you have to put more out. Do you have any idea where it could have come in?
ReplyDeleteSo glad you found them a home - they're SO cute!
ReplyDeleteYuck! A snake! I know I would scream, too. Eew!
ReplyDeleteThose are beautiful kittens. I'm glad you found a good home for them.