Monday, July 12, 2010

This means war!

I was not happy when I went outside today and realized what had happened to my tomato plants. But first a pretty picture of what I picked from my garden...

Yummy!!!

Someone else thought my garden itself looked yummy - in fact, they helped themselves to this:


My poor tomato plants!

Here is one of the culprits:

He is a mean one - see that stinger on the right? I used my garden tools to remove him and his friend and drowned them in hot soapy water. (I wasn't ABOUT to actually touch him - even with gloves on.)

So now my garden is dusted white, which I am not particularly happy about. But I also wasn't thrilled at the prospect of picking off worms all the time. I use Dipel Dust which I bought when my broccoli was attacked by cabbage worms. Where do all these guys come from anyway?? :)


Oh. well. Coming later this week - VBS recap! :)

1 comment:

  1. Those tomato worms are awful! You never see them until you grow tomato plants!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!