Our church is currently doing Vacation Bible School. Our theme is cowboys and "Paradise Trail Ranch." We have been having a lot of fun with the kiddos.
For my "story" I have been talking about the cowboys outfit using the armor of God as a basis for application. (Ephesians 6:10-18) So each day the cowboy has been getting more of his "duds" on. :) I found a great paper doll website that has all kids of doll figures and clothes for all different careers - including cowboys! I just projected these onto my wall (with our projector connected to the laptop) and traced them onto poster board. I then colored them with chalk and Angie cut them out for me. (because I ran out of time - Thanks, Sis!) :)
Here is my guy before we start getting his stuff on:
And here are all his "duds:"
In progress: (I love how all the cloths fit him - great site!!) :)
and all done!
So my week has been rather full of VBS... I can't wait to see what you have been up to! :) If you are new to FOF, check out this intro post first. Happy sharing!!!
This linky list is now closed.
Awww...he's so cute :) Great Job! I hope the VBS is going great for you all!
ReplyDeleteHe looks really good! I know that must have taken alot of work! I used to do the same sort of thing when I worked at a daycare. It was fun though! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure the kids will enjoy looking at him. It's little touches like this that can make a VBS really stand out!