Friday, September 10, 2010

Outlive Your Life - Book Review

Max Lucado's newest work, Outlive Your Life, is a challenge to believers to live life outside the box. He encourages us that we can each make a difference in our world for Christ. The book is based on the book of Acts and he retells stories from the book of Acts as well as modern day counterparts to the stories. He describes how we can make a difference by caring for the needy and offering hospitality as well as many other ways.

I really enjoy Mr. Lucado's writing style. He is a wonderful story teller. I love how sometimes I'm reading a story about "someone" and that someone will be him - how someone helped him come to Christ or made a difference in his life. Lucado gives practical examples for ways that we can make a positive difference in the lives of others. This book, like many of his, is a very enjoyable to read, although the book is also a challenge to Christians to live a better life and to strive to help others in need.

I did feel that the things addressed in this book were things that Christians ought to already know. However, I guess that is really the nature of the book. I feel that it is addressed more to the "laissez faire" Christian.  It is a call to action for those that have been wanting a free ride to heaven. Like the song says:  "Must I be carried to the skies on flowery beds of ease, while others fought to win the prize, and sailed through bloody seas?"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds good! I hope there's a copy of it at Book Sneeze left when I get done reviewing my current one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!