My life has been really full lately - see previous post - and I don't have quite as much time for crafting as I would like. But there is a crafting time I have set aside once a week. every week. We do it in Wednesday evening Bible club! So most of my "crafting attention" has been focused on things that kids can do. :) We've been studying creation in Bible club - it's great... the kids know the days and what God created on them better than I do!! Last week they made butterflies out of coffee filters and clothes pins. They turned out so cute! One little guy did his the colors of the rainbow! (I wish I had taken a picture of that!)
So this Wednesday we studied day seven - God rested. So... we made pillows!! :) Mom and I brought some fabric we thought they might like. I packed up "my" sewing machine. We let them pick out a couple of fabrics for their pillows...
(Oh, funny! Looking at this picture, I just realized that I have them in order left to right, the oldest to youngest!)
And the best part? They LOVED it!! I cut the squares out, and Mom sewed them together, leaving enough room for them to do the stuffing. They had a blast watching the machine. I don't know if they had ever seen a sewing machine work. And they just loved their pillows when they were done!
One lesson I learned? Don't be soo fearful when matching fabric patterns! Who knew that cowboy boots and camo would go so well together? :) Or that purple sparkly fabric would match a pink paisley print! Each pillow was so fun because it was a reflection of them! I just love these kiddos! :)
So now it's your turn to share! I can't wait to see your projects! :) Here's the intro post to FOF if you are just finding it.
And Happy birthday, today, to my Dad!!! The best dad a gal could have! Love you, Pops! :)
This linky list is now closed.
Those are so cute, and a great idea for kids!
ReplyDelete(I love your sweater!) :P
Oh, that's awesome! What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea and generous too. I'm sure they loved it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for this post...very neat idea I plan to use soon.
ReplyDelete