Friday, February 4, 2011

Finished Object Friday

Happy Snow Day, everyone!! :)  Some of you may not be enjoying it so much, but it's still a novelty down here. ... and it's nice to be "stuck" at home!

Time for Finished Object Friday... and I do have something to share! I'm pretty excited about this...
(and I love that it's a SNOW picture!)  :)


So you may be wondering (or not) :) how I got from this:
to the above finished skein....

First I spun the roving into "singles:"


When I finished two spools of singles, I then plied them together. (Here is a link to a video, showing how plying is done, if you're interested...) :)

After  plying, I wound the yarn onto a niddy-noddy.

From there, I tied it off really good (to keep it from tangling...)


And then it was time for the yarn to take a bath!

Washing the yarn helps to set the twist, and keeps it nice for when I am ready to knit with it! After it is nice and dry I wind it into a skein, and it's ready to go!

So what have you been crafting recently? Any valentine's projects?

(hmm... looks like Linky Tools isn't a free service... I may be redoing how we share projects on FOF... just found out.) :) (ETA: I mean, this is the last time I can use it as a free service... I think I've found another free link hosting site, though. But I will miss the pictures!) :)


This linky list is now closed.

5 comments:

  1. What fun! While I prefer to buy my yarn, I can see how spinning your own could be fun, too.

    I don't have anything finished, but maybe I'll come back later with my "in progress."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo about the Linky tool! - I'd heard they were going to do that.
    Love the color of your yarn! That must give you a real neat feeling to make your own yarn and then make something with it! Cool!
    Here's my FOF...
    http://4lilacbushes.blogspot.com/2011/02/finished-object-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting post Charity...the yarn turned out so pretty..I haven't been crafting but,cleaning and weeding...working on transforming my bedroom..housekeeping seems to be a never ending project :) Blessings,Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job on that! Also, thank you for your condolences. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just too industrious! ;) Whatcha planning to make with it? I love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!