Tuesday, February 1, 2011

What makes a classic?



What makes a book a classic?

Is it because so many people are forced to read it, or is it because so many people simply LOVE it?

What do you think? What's your favorite classic?

2 comments:

  1. So many people loving a book is what makes it a classic. Once it becomes a classic, well, that's when people are forced to read it. Then people don't like it anymore which is really a shame, don't you think?

    My favorite? I have to say Pride and Prejudice, along with half of the female blogging world, although I love the Three Musketeers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Woman is one of my favorite classics...I read Jane Eyre last year and will read it again,love it!....right now among other things...I am reading Wind in the Willows for the first time....cute story so far....I don't watch TV anymore,other than an occasional DVD movie... so,over the last year and a half I have discover my love for reading and it has been so rewarding.....my bedroom is becoming a "Prayer room,bible study and library" of sorts...my restful,peaceful place...its been hard work transforming it from a huge mass of chaos and I am still working on it but,I am getting there :) Blessings Charity...stay warm through our coming cold snap...Shelley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!