Saturday, May 14, 2011

Finished Object Friday

Ok, so, yes... It's actually SATURDAY... but by the time Blogger got it's act together it was a bit late for a Finished Object Friday post. :)
I'm really excited about this one. For one reason, I've been working on it since October 29! (Ravelry is a wonderful way to keep track of those things...) You may even remember me blogging about it last fall - it's at the bottom of this post.This is my "Hope" blanket for our (hopefully fairly soon!) to be adopted little sweetheart!

It's not super big - about 2 1/2 feet across, but perfect for a carseat blanket. And so soft! I love Cottontots yarn! This one is my favorite colorway - Confetti - which I just figured out has been discontinued! BOOOO!! anyway... back to regular programing.


It wasn't too hard of a pattern. After finishing the star in the middle, the rest was pretty much just mindless knitting - great for doing while watching a dvd! :) Here is the link to the original star pattern. I just continued with increases to make it into a blanket. Love it! :)


For those wondering, our adoption process has been rather stuck for the past few months, but we finally have a date for our first meeting - then bring on the paperwork!! :) After that, it's time for another meeting and then the homestudy - and at last more waiting. We will then be put on a list for birthmothers to choose from. Such an exciting time, and a little scary too! :) So we are "expecting" we just don't know the "due" date! :)

Now it's on to other knitting... :) So, any projects from y'all? (Even if this post is a day late...) Happy weekend, everyone!





8 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful blanket! The yarn reminds me of my favorite paper called "stardust." How sad they're not making the yarn anymore!

    How exciting about the adoption. I hope that everything goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful blanket! I love that star pattern!

    I'm excited for you about the adoption coming together, and I will pray that it goes swiftly and smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blanket, Charity! I love it!

    Hopefully all the paperwork will come together quickly and you'll soon have a baby in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your sweet comments - and most importantly for your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to hear about the adoption process. Hope it goes smoothly and ya are holding a little one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is beautiful! You are so smart to convert the pattern into a blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet blanket! You're right - it would be perfect for a carseat. Still hoping the adoption process comes together soon! Hugs and prayers =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Chari! It is beautiful!!!! I know you cant wait to wrap it around a little baby of your own.. but it looks beautiful just like that! We will keep your adoption progress in our prayers and look forward to the big day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!