Happy Friday, all! Are you ready for the holiday weekend? It's been a really busy week for me - but a good one. Although kindof bittersweet because yesterday was my last day at my part time job. I will miss my coworkers and my "regulars!" :) My summer schedule is just so busy, that something had to give. Change is tough. always. for me. But I will have more time at home - and I'm looking forward to doing more "crafty" things! :)
But enough of my news.... I want to share a cake I made for a friend's very special birthday a few weeks ago! :)
Close up of the cake:
And how about some cupcakes (with fun toppers?!) :)
One of the reasons I did a hat AND cupcakes was special for Lorie. She is allergic to gluten, so the hat (except for the candy band) was gluten free!! The cupcakes were just a mix - and quick.***Eta: Lorie's cake was from a mix as well. From the baking aisle in the grocery store. There are some good gluten free cake recipes out there - I just went the easy/cheaper-for-me route. :) ***
Lorie sure enjoyed her cake! Of course, the fun part is blowing out the candles!
And it's always good to have a "little" help with that! :)
The fun part of her party was the "surprise!" We originally wanted to make the whole party a surprise, but she kept making big plans! Her surprise was that her parents were able to make it down and then spend the weekend here - she even got to go fishing with them (and Angie too...) Fun times!! :)
**Photo credits go to my cousin, Nathan. I thought I had left my camera at home, then realized after the party was mostly over that it was in my purse! Oh. well. It was nice to let someone else take the pictures!! :) **
Now it's your turn!! Maybe you've had more time than me to do some crafting this week. Or maybe you're like me and remembered a project you forgot to share! :) Happy linking!!




Oh, I do love that cake. What a talent you have! Especially to make it gluten-free. It looks like it was a fun party.
ReplyDeleteoops...I just realized my post was slightly misleading. I did use a cake mix for Lorie's cake as well. They carry them in the baking aisle. (I'm not quite that good and I don't have gluten free flour on hand.) :)
ReplyDeleteBut thank you! It was fun to make - not the first hat I've done, but it's been years.
Hi Charity,
ReplyDeleteYour hat cake looks wonderful, how sweet of you to do this for your friend, we all need friends like you.
Hugs, Cindy
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou're SO creative with your cakes! and that was really thoughtful of you to go the extra mile on the gluten!
ReplyDeleteHope my linking back up (wow!) with an FOF doesn't cause you a heart attack! LOL
Love the cake, looks yummy! You can make me a cake anytime.
ReplyDelete