Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Summer reading...

Ok. so it's not really summer yet, but this Texas weather has got me feeling like it's close (this week anyway...) :)

I'm not sure what it is about summer, but I have this urge to read!! :) I think it comes from my summers growing up. Remember keeping lists of all the books you read for the library reading program? I always hoped to win a prize. I never did. On the other hand, my sister always seemed to be winning things. Maybe by the time she was into reading they had more prizes. :)  (We are just days from being exactly ten years apart.)  :) Or if it wasn't the library reading program, it was the required books for school. Of course, the required ones are never quite as fun as the ones you got to pick! :)

Today I came home with quite a stack. I'm not sure which ones I will actually finish, I was just having a hard time picking. Of course, I don't have quite the time to read as I did "back in the day." But I am still a fast reader... :)

Do you remember summer reading programs? Maybe you won a prize! :)  Have you read any of the books above? Any good books I should know about for this summer's reading?

PS~ If you haven't hopped over from your reader, my blog has an all new "summery" look!

4 comments:

  1. Your new blog design is pretty!

    I never did a summer reading program as I was growing up, our libraries were pretty boring that way. ;-) Since we've lived in Michigan, I have participated in the library's winter reading challenge for adults. If you read 10 books you get a "prize". The "prize" has gotten progressively worse over the years. LOL But I still read my books in the winter and use it as a time to get away from my reading rut and read some books I normally wouldn't read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adult reading challenge?! That sounds like fun!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember summer reading, too. I read a ton of books, but I was too lazy to write them all down, so I never got a prize. I think the prize was just a personal pan pizza which is a great thing, but hardly inspiring for a child.

    I've been reading a lot these days, too, but I haven't heard of any of your books. If they're any good, let us know because I'm always looking for a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok... funny update. I never actually finished any of the stack of books I brought home that time. I started a couple of them, and wasn't really crazy about them, then just ran out of time. A couple I do plan on checking out again though... :) (Whisper on the Wind and Dining with Joy)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!