Friday, June 24, 2011

Finished Object Friday

Whew! I don't know about you all, but I've had a whirlwind of a week!! Our church has been in VBS this week and I've been heading it up. We've been having a blast and the kids have been loving it! ...but boy, does this stuff wear you out! :) But on to FOF!

Before all the craziness of this week, we had a surprise birthday party for one of our good friends. And for me? a party calls for a cake! And if I can make a fun one I will. (Remember this one, and this one?) And since I had made an ambulance for our friend Andrew, I figured Jacob needed a cop car!

I didn't model this cake after his squad car, but I did the next best thing... Can you guess what car this cake is modeled after? (Here's a hint!) :) 

(The other side)


I have such fun making cakes!! (And really I'd much rather make one, than eat a dry grocery store cake. No offense to those of you that may like them...) :) Oh, and starting September 1 (happy birthday, me!) I can legally bake and sell my cakes from my home, thanks to our governor for signing the Texas Baker's Bill!! Who knows? Maybe you'll see more cakes here? 

Oh, and one last picture...

I think he liked his cake. :) It was fun to really surprise someone! (Unlike our last effort at a surprise party....) Of course, it was a bit easier since his birthday was still about three weeks away! heehee!

Now it's your turn!! I can't wait to see what you all have done!! :)


6 comments:

  1. That is an amazing cake. Wow! I love the light on top. Is it a Dot? I'm also so impressed with your writing. My regular handwriting isn't even that good; I can't imagine trying to do it in frosting! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooops... I forgot to mention Mom actually did the writing this time. But I don't usually too bad. For some reason it seems easier to write with frosting than you might think. But it's also WAY easier just to have Mom do it! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds good to me! :) I often wish my mom were here so she could help me with sewing. I know I can figure it out, but it would just be so much easier to have someone show me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you've got talent!! That would be really awesome to be able to use your skills for something you love and turn it into a little cash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your cakes are always so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great cake! I'm sure your friend was thrilled with it.

    I'm sorry that I didn't have a link back to your page, but I do now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!