I made this cake Wednesday for Faithie's birthday.
She really liked it!
(When Regina and I were thinking about what kind of cake she needed, we both had the same thoughts: Faithie likes shoes and purses... Shoes too hard, purse... YES!) :)
Here she is with her cake:
This is really easy. I made two round cakes (9 in. pans):
Cut them in half ans stood them on the flat sides:
One of the best steps I took was to do a thin layer of frosting to "seal" it, then refrigerated it before I decorated it.
This layer kept me from having a bunch of little brown crumbs in my pink frosting!
And just to tickle your funny bones... here is another picture of the birthday girl!
She is so happy about the baby we got her! (This one replaces the old one with "punk rocker" hair and dirty outfit, which had been lost. It was her constant companion, much to her mother's chagrin!) :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this isn't really a Christmas-y post, but I wanted to share the cake! :) I am excited to see what all of you have been up too, or maybe you have an older project you want to share. If you need to see the guidelines, click here.
That cake is so cute! You did a great job on it. And Faithie is just adorable! I love her curls and blue eyes.
ReplyDeleteCome see my finished object. More comment on the post from day 18. Sorry got a little mixed up.
ReplyDelete