Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Blessing: Days of Chrstmas - 21



O come, O come, Emmanuel,
And ransom captive Israel,
That mourns in lonely exile here
Until the Son of God appear.

O come, Thou Day-spring, come and cheer
Our spirits by Thine advent here;
Disperse the gloomy clouds of night,
And death’s dark shadows put to flight.

O come, Thou Key of David, come,
And open wide our heavenly home;
Make safe the way that leads on high,
And close the path to misery.

Refrain
Rejoice! Rejoice!
Emmanuel shall come to thee, O Israel.

O come, O come, Emmanuel
translated by John M. Neal

This Christmas the name, Emmanuel, has stood out to me more than the others. The fact that God actually came and dwelt with men as a Man is stunning. The fact that He cares that much for us is humbling. Yet, I am so grateful. He came to bring us life! I hope each one of you has a very blessed Christmas. I hope that we aren't so busy with the events of the season that we forget Emmanuel! Rejoice! Emmanuel has come!

Many Blessings!


PS~ The manger scene is my in-laws. I mentioned it in this post. Isn't it beautiful?

0 Friendly Greetings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!