My grandparents live in Idaho, about a three day drive. Every fall they would drive down and spend most of November with us. Many of my memories naturally revolve around these extended visits - the excitement of their coming, spending time together, and missing them so much each time they left. Every two or three years, my family made the long trek as well. We all enjoyed spending time out in the country with Grandpa and Grandma.
Grandpa was a farmer. When I was young, he had an apple orchard, and would bring a truckload of apples to sell when they came. So Yummy! I remember on our visits, his huge gardens. He loved growing things and sharing them with others.
Here are some other random memories.
- Hugs
- Fall leaves
- Crisp apples
- A train ride
- Laughter
- Chinese food
- Raking leaves
- Picking up pecans
- Fishing trips
- Picnics at the lake
- Thanksgiving dinner
- Big gardens
- Christmas presents at Thanksgiving
- Funny stories
Love,
Chari
Charity,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Brent said he remembered your grandparents and told me where they lived before you mentioned it in your post. I'm sorry you can't be there for the funeral. Sometimes funerals are hard but they are made easier with all the friends and family that come and express their love.
Nicki
Hello,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Tabitha Mullins from here
in Flatwoods Ky. I just wanted to say that your blog touched my heart. I lost my Grandpa
on the first day of October and my husband of 3 and 1\2 years and I are again having another Christmas childless.
God has brought me through and I know that He
will be your strength also. Just know that someone is praying for you in Ky. and knows the load you are carrying
Merry Christmas.
Nicki,
ReplyDeleteThank you. Today wasn't quite as hard as I thought it was going to be. In a way, it felt like I was there. I have talked to my mom a few times, and knew what was going on most of the time. She said the funeral was very nice and the weather warmed up a bit.
Tabitha,
So sorry for your loss as well. I appreciate your comments. Looks like we are in the same boat. Mark and I have been married 3 1/2 years as well. Thank you so much for your prayers, I will pray for you as well.
Merry Christmas!
Chari, I remembered too, how your grandpa gave us corn and vegetables. I remember the little driveway that went back towards the back of the property where his garden was located. This was the place on the highway near the stop sign.
ReplyDeleteYou have been on my heart to pray for you and the desires of your heart!