
What Child is this who, laid to rest
On Mary’s lap is sleeping?
Whom angels greet with anthems sweet,
While shepherds watch are keeping?
This, this is Christ the King,
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing;
Haste, haste, to bring Him laud,
The Babe, the Son of Mary.
Why lies He in such mean estate,
Where ox and ass are feeding?
Good Christians, fear, for sinners here
The silent Word is pleading.
Nails, spear shall pierce Him through,
The cross be borne for me, for you.
Hail, hail the Word made flesh,
The Babe, the Son of Mary.
So bring Him incense, gold and myrrh,
Come peasant, king to own Him;
The King of kings salvation brings,
Let loving hearts enthrone Him.
Raise, raise a song on high,
The virgin sings her lullaby.
Joy, joy for Christ is born,
The Babe, the Son of Mary.
What Child is This?
By William C. Dix
(You can listen to it in my playlist at right.)
By William C. Dix
(You can listen to it in my playlist at right.)
This is probably my favorite Christmas carol. (It's so hard to pick a favorite Christmas song, though. Anyone else have that problem?) I love the tune. I love the words. This song is a wonderful reminder of who Jesus is and why He came to earth.
Isn't the manger scene cute? My mom painted that years ago. It is the manger scene I grew up with. I love the little characters, they all have such pleasant expressions. Do you have a special manger scene? My in-laws have a beautiful one that Mark's grandmother brought back from Europe. I am hoping to find the "right" manger scene. Maybe I'm too picky, but I want the expressions on the characters to be just right. (Which reminds me of a Christmas story: The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey. Anyone else seen the movie version? Such a neat little story! link to trailer)
I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings!

Isn't the manger scene cute? My mom painted that years ago. It is the manger scene I grew up with. I love the little characters, they all have such pleasant expressions. Do you have a special manger scene? My in-laws have a beautiful one that Mark's grandmother brought back from Europe. I am hoping to find the "right" manger scene. Maybe I'm too picky, but I want the expressions on the characters to be just right. (Which reminds me of a Christmas story: The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan Toomey. Anyone else seen the movie version? Such a neat little story! link to trailer)
I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!
Blessings!

I understand the manger scene problem. I have been looking for 6 yrs and have yet to find one that I like. They all seem to look like they are in pain... anyway...
ReplyDeleteHave a Merry Christmas
The manger scene is so cute. I thought that as soon as it popped up before I even read the post. I finally got a nice one a couple years ago but now I only put out part of the scene because my husband kept hollering about how unbiblical the manger scenes are with the wise men and stuff. So now we put out the animals and other characters but not the wise men and he is happy.
ReplyDelete