Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sing a song!

Children like to sing! No surprise there! And those of you who teach children (at home, church, or school) know that songs are one of the most effective ways that children learn.

Gracie singing and signing "Teach Me Your Way"

We use songs so much in our children's work at church. In fact, some of their songs of choice ARE scripture. They have learned more scripture than they would have learned just by rote memory. Our kiddos have learned the Ten Commandments by singing them. No, they haven't learned them the conventional way - but they know them and will remember them! In fact, it is one of their absolute favorite songs to sing! (and BOY does it get stuck in your head!!!) :)

They insisted we sing the 10 Commandments Song at VBS. I was glad to comply!

I am passionate about good music for children - especially Scripture songs. I love Steve Green's albums for kids, as well as the Teach Me Your Way albums from Homestead Heritage.

More recently, however, I have discovered Seeds Family Worship. These albums put a more "modern" twist on Scripture songs, and they aren't just for children. They really are geared for the whole family.

Here's a peek at one of my favorite songs:


That's not the end of this post though... I would like to give a Seeds of Faith cd to two of my readers. If you would enjoy this music, just leave a comment and include the words "ENTER ME" in it. That's it! :) I will pick the winners next Tuesday! :)

Also, I'd love to hear about some of your favorite teaching songs! How has music helped you learn?
~~~~~~
PS~ This is not a promo. Seeds Family Worship doesn't even know I exist. I just like their songs, got a good deal and wanted to share!! The cd I bought for the give-a-way actually comes with two identical cds. So I am splitting up the packet to send one to two different people. :)

12 comments:

  1. We are huge fans of Steve greens, "hide em in your heart" ! Please enter me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing my baby sing. She doesn't know any words yet, but it sure is cute.

    I have several CD's for my children to listen to, but my favorite is the one of hymns. I hope they will pick them up as they hear them.

    Please enter me because I'm always looking for good music for my children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love kids cd's! Especially Olivia Collingsworth and also Greater Vision Kids' cd! Would love to try one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, that was encouraging just listening to it now! "Enter Me" I'll have to check into those if I don't get picked :)
    The girls really like the Steve Green bible songs also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definately am interested! Please Enter ME! Thank you for your reviews. I stop by from time to time to see your book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please enter Me. I stop and read here. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  7. oopss....please "enter me" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How'd I miss this post??!! Oh well, can I still enter? Pretty please? We still love the oooold Gaither trio kids albums :) I'm sure my kids would love something a little more updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Charity!

    I occassionally run across your blog and I always enjoy reading it and seeing all of your projects that you do! Would tbeen a long time since GBS days and time spent with the Bill Carpenter Clan!
    Our 4 girls LOVE music - especially for kids - and would love to try this CD! So, Please Enter Me!

    Thanks,
    Stephanie Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  10. oops.... not sure what happened - I meant "It's been a long time".... =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just noticed that my name wasn't on my comment above....Our Journey would be me, Laura Crocker. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ENTER ME!

    Hey - how thoughtful of you to share your good deal. :) BTW, thanks for the vbs info. Looks like you did a great job... looking forward to using it someday. If I ever have anything useful - I'll share. I usually use others ideas of tweak them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!