Well, enough about the weather, except to say, I am so absolutely thankful we have air conditioning!
Last week, I shared a unique table that I had purchased. I am planning on redoing the table when I have time. (Believe me, I have been crazy busy the last few weeks!) ;) I have bought supplies, but now I'm just waiting on the time! That trip was so much fun. We weren't planning on antiquing that day... actually headed to a local lake for some cool water time. But this place looked so interesting, we dropped in for a look-see.
I wish I had taken a picture of the outside of the building. It was an old train depot and half was converted into an antique store. Although it was all open air, it was a cloudy day, and not super unbearable in there... I thought you all might enjoy a look around with me! (First, let me say all these photos were taken on my phone, so aren't of the purest quality... please enjoy anyway...) :)
I'm not sure why, but I've been wanting an antique coffee grinder for quite a while. They aren't quite in my budget though!
(and I love the detail on the table behind it!)
Loved this lamp!
Ok, you know I have a thing for chairs right? Look at the detail on this rocker!!
Can anyone tell me what this chair was used for? I can't figure it out. There were a couple of them. See the hook on the side and the slot in the back? And the top is really wide...
I thought this recipe box was great! Love the shelves to display recipe cards!
Love, love, love this tray!!! (But for that price -$69.00 - I let them keep it!) :)
Since I (obviously) couldn't afford to take home what I admired, I just took a few pictures instead! :) Not everything was overpriced. In fact, compared to many antique shops, some of these prices were rather cheap. So of all the fun things that "got away," at least I have some fun pictures to look at! I hope you enjoyed our little shopping trip! :)
Those are the best kind of antique stores - the ones that seem to "draw you in." The chair is pretty interesting, wish I could tell you about it...let us know if you find out :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you all have air-conditioning!!!
I haven't been out much lately due to our extreme heat...when the weather finely cools down a bit I will be ready to go looking around at some of my favorite shops...thanks for sharing your outing with me....that chair is very unusual...I have no idea of it purpose.....blessings
ReplyDeleteWish I could have shopped with you! The chair makes me think of those gentleman's valet things, but I'm not so sure that's what it is. Let us know if you find out!
ReplyDelete