So when my friend Brittany found out she was having a boy, I started brainstorming - with a little input from her. (Crazy me forgot to take any pictures of the finished hats....Thank you, Brittany, for sending the pictures!) :)
The blue hat was the first one I made. As you can see, it is just a tad bit big! This was one of my inspiration patterns. It turned out pretty cute otherwise, and I think he will be able to wear it this winter. (Or NEXT winter... *ahem*) But my guage was off and the brim isn't very stretchy - maybe it's just the wrong yarn.I love the pom-poms, though! I bought some pom-pom makers and had a blast making these!
When the first hat didn't turn out quite as good as I wished (and a little too big...) I thought I would make another smaller hat that he could wear now. So I thought. Hmm... yeah. Not so much. I loved this pattern and it was super quick to make. (I'll be using it again!) I love the little knot on top! It did work well with the yarn, I'm just not sure why my baby hats keep turning out so big! Oh. well. :) (You knitters out there, any ideas on how I can knit an infant hat that actually fits?? If you are on Ravelry, both hats are on my project page.)
Oh, dear! It looks like Weston is missing his Auntie Chari really bad!!
Either that, or he's really hungry. again...
I couldn't resist sharing this one! ;)
Now it's your turn!! What have you all been up to? Link to your project below, and be sure to visit other linkers! :) To find out what FOF is all about, read about it here. :)
He is the cutest little thing, even when he's fussing :)
ReplyDeleteI like both of the hats, but the white one is my fave!
Hopefully it won't be long before you'll be knitting baby hats for your own little bundle. Praying for you guys during your adoption process.
Yes, he is!! And the white hat is my favorite too. For one thing, it is really soft. :)
ReplyDeletePS~ Mr. Linky is up now.... that's what I get for doing to post so late at night! I even copied the code and forgot to put it in! heehee! :)
Cute hats and an adorable baby!
ReplyDeleteBy using a couple different colors on the white hat, you could have a pumpkin, apple, cherry. . .
ReplyDeleteVery cute hats! I like crocheting for babies for the same reasons.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE these hats and can't wait till he can wear them! It's probably a good thing they're too big though, because it is way too hot right now anyway :) They'll be just right for fall and winter. And yes, I believe he is missing his Auntie Chari! ;)
ReplyDeleteNicki, that sounds like a great idea - especially for Halloween - I could really see it as a pumpkin.
I don't know you, but ever since I found out that y'all are wanting to adopt a child...I have been asking God to give y'all God-speed in the adoption process and send you the right precious child that He wants you to have. =)
ReplyDeleteThe hats you made are adorable! I think it's good that they are a tad big, for babies grow SO FAST...so by fall/winter they'll be just perfect. You did a great job on them. =)
Have a blessed week!
~Heather~
Thank you all for the sweet comments! (and I think a pumpkin hat would be so cute!) :)
ReplyDeleteHeather - Thank you for stopping by! And especially a big "Thank You!" for your prayers! It really blesses me to think that you are praying for me even though we don't know one another! :)
Aaah! What a sweetie! That hat is so cute - the one with the balls on top.
ReplyDelete