Friday, February 10, 2012

Share the Love!

I just wanted to share some of my Winter/Valentine decor.

I was so ready to get all my Christmas stuff put away (our tree takes up a lot of space in our living room!) And, yes, I've had it all down for a while! :) I'm just now posting, even though I've had it up a while, because... well... it took me a while to finish it. :)

I know that Valentine's Day isn't always "Sweetheart" day. Some of my close friends don't have a "Sweetheart." So, in my decor, I wanted to remind us of the most important Love that we all share - God's love! The New Testament above belonged to my grandfather. It was given to him by a chaplain in World War II. It is very special to me and I love incorporating God's Word into my decor!


I enjoyed making this wreath. I've been admiring the yarn wreathes on Pinterest for quite a while, and had fun making this one! (By the way, you can find me here on Pinterest! Come follow me, and I'll follow you back!) ;)
The whole mantle: The last finished bit was the frame with the vintage "valentines." Just finished that! 
(and in my hurry to finish this post, I didn't get a super clear picture. It's pretty cloudy today... oh, well. )

I really like how my wintery decor turned out, especially my piano!

I hope you enjoyed my little tour! :) I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day next week!

8 comments:

  1. What pretty decorations. I love how you have incorporated the Bible into your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is all so sweet, especially the Bible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! You always decorate so nicely; I love seeing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so cute! I really love the Bible display - precious! Love the vintage cards idea too =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's all very pretty. I especially like what you did with the New Testament!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is all so pretty and cozy. The wreath is very neat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! Love your decorating ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks nice. Love the Bible...how special!!

    I hope you are having a Happy Valentine's day. =)

    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!