Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A "Joy"-ous Update

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments on our "Hospital Story!" :) It's naptime once more, so I'll attempt to update you all on our baby girl! 

Joy continues to be a "Joy!" She is a very easy baby! She is growing by leaps and bounds like all healthy babies do and is getting quite chubby!! :)(SOOO thankful for her health - I feel so blessed!)  Yesterday was a landmark day in our house - she slept about ten hours the night before and I got her first real (non-dreaming) giggle!!! ;) 

She is much adored in this house! She is such a doll baby and soo sweet. She loves her daddy - she went on a shopping trip with him just yesterday evening and enjoyed just looking up at him! (Mommy stayed home and finished dishes and laundry!) ;) 

Having a newborn is quite an adjustment!! (Yes, you long time moms can say you said so...) ;) Even with just one. I think the hardest thing was not getting sleep! (And I wasn't even recovering from childbirth!) Change is always an adjustment for me - and adding a new member of to the family is quite the biggie!! I am so thankful for how the Lord is helping me personally grow - parenting is about my growth as a person almost as much as it is in caring for a child, isn't it? 

I love looking into those little eyes and see her expressiveness, to hear her talk to me (may she always talk to me as easily as the babbles come!) I love watching her grow and seeing each new milestone - then look back and miss the bitty baby stage! (But we are OH so glad for more sleep!!) I love looking at her and thinking about all the things we will do together and the places we will go. My prayer is that she will have a tender heart toward God.

We are starting to get a bit of a routine now, and maybe I'll get back to blogging a bit more, or maybe I won't. It seems I just think I'm getting things figured out and things change. I know that's no surprise.... ;) 


5 comments:

  1. Aw, she's so precious! It's hard to "enjoy every moment" as everyone always says because they are so fleeting and not "every" moment is enjoyable! :) But it sounds like you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet pic and very nice post. Yes, I agree, there are a lot of adjustments with those precious newborns. I'm expecting my 6th baby and there's been different adjustments with each one. =) Sounds like you are doing great.

    I still marvel at our Awesome God and how He creates these MIRACLES we call babies!!!

    Blessings,
    ~Heather~

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so precious ....a real beauty indeed and reminds me of my granddaughters when they were newborns. They do grow oh so quickly. How am I to get her blanket to you? If you don't mind maybe my daughter can bring me by your home one afternoon when it is convinant for you. Just let me know please. I would love to see your little darling in person. :-) blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. She really is a beautiful baby and I know you're enjoying her so very much. What a sweet reward for all those years of waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is indeed a "Joy". And I am so glad she's getting her sleep time all figured out - that makes being a Mommy SO much easier ;) She gets prettier with every picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!