I got my first real rose on my rose bush! The three blooms that were on it when I planted it got eaten and I thought that it wasn't going to make it. But the one little stalk that remains has bloomed at last! :) It really doesn't take much to make me happy! :)
I also made and decorated a cake today. Tomorrow is our Pastor and his wife's anniversary. The cake is chocolate with strawberry preserve filling... Yum!! I also dipped strawberries and made chocolate hearts, letters and curlicues. Does it look good enough to eat?? :)
Here is the cake recipe... It is very easy, one of the first things I ever baked, and it turns out wonderfully moist. A very hard recipe to mess up, it can be done, although I'm not sure how! :) It also doubles quite well, though it takes a lot longer to bake.
Stir Cake or Wacky Cake:
(to be finished when I have more energy and time!!) :)
It sounds as though you have a very lucky pastor and wife. The cake sounds scrumptous! Yes, I guess you could say that cake is my major shortcoming. Anyway, it was great to find your blog. Hope all is well with you and Mark.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by! Good to hear from you! Congrats on your wedding! Mark and I have been married over two years now... time flies so fast!
ReplyDeleteThe cake was a hit... Our pastor's wife says I should go into business! :)
Hello,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Luanna Wright. I know Shari Stratton. I like your blog. And if you would like to you can look at my blog at www.luannajoy.blogspot.com