Wow! It has been a while since my last post. But I have a good reason! I was in charge of our church's Summer Bible Club. God really helped us with this! The theme was Treasure Island. We talked about God's Treasure... people, the Bible, and His Treasured Son, Jesus. I told the stories about Jesus feeding the five (or ten) thousand, Jesus walking on water, and the crucifixion and resurrection. I got the ideas and the songs from Concordia's VBS last year. Here is the summary of the gems we talked about each day, Mom was in charge of this and the memory verse and the other story. Thanks to everyone for pitching in and helping! (I used the same theme from camp in June.)
The really awesome part is the kids! We haven't had a Sunday School ministry, so everything is just beginning. To make a long story short, God sent us the right group... (although a few more girls would be nice!) and we had a great time. We had regular club meetings Tuesday through Friday, Saturday was the picnic, and Sunday night was our program. The picture above is the rewards we gave out to the top point earners. Everyone that came was able to get a beach ball. :)
One mom told us after the program that her eight year old son was sad because it is over. "But this is my church." he said. Of course we told her that it isn't over, we will be having Bible Club every Sunday night. Oh, and his family is planning on coming to church! "The little child shall lead them!"
So God did help and bless, but I am worn out! I got some rest yesterday, and it's back to work today!
Here are a few more pictures... I will be putting more in this album when I get them from Angie. I didn't always take my camera. These are mostly just the pictures from Saturday.
![]() |
| Summer Bible Club |

0 Friendly Greetings:
Post a Comment
Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!