Monday, December 10, 2007

By Special Request...

more pictures of the ornaments. Most if not all of the supplies I got at Hobby Lobby - and those ornaments are half off this week! :) (love that store!)

They need to "cure/dry" for at least 24 hours before you insert the hanger back. Also be sure and store them in a cool place for the rest of the year - not in an attic or shed. The lady that was demonstrating them in the store said that the paint will just flake off if left in a hot place.


The green and red one I did this afternoon and the other red and white I did last night at Kid's Club. The white is a metallic pearl and looks really pretty - a little extra sparkle. Also on the one with a cap, the first one I did, I used a little silver to help fill in the holes, but it all dumped out, I have thought about reapplying it. Gold would probably be really pretty with the green and red.
Like I said, they are soo much fun to make! Hmmm... I think I'll go make another one! :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like lots of fun! I love to do stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures and info. I might just have to try that sometime. One problem for me, Hobby Lobby is about 45 minutes away. I think they look great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!