Monday, December 10, 2007

Family Christmas

Every Christmas, my dad's family has a Christmas dinner at the home of his uncle and aunt, Bobby and Peggy. We really enjoy the time getting together with relatives we haven't seen often. It is a wonderful tradition that has kept the family close and helped to unite the generations. I think it is great that I get to know all these wonderful people - my Grandpa's siblings and their families. Saturday was the day for the annual get together. We had LOTS of great food and a good visit with everyone. :)

Family Christmas Dinner

(Click on the album above to see the pictures.)

Here are some vintage family pictures... I love old pictures and it is so neat to have these. Dad spent HOURS last year scanning all of my grandparent's old pictures, he then burned cds to share with the family.
Vintage Family

2 comments:

  1. hey i really enjoyed those pictures.
    i miss being at the Carpenter Christmas reunion. so many people i miss. its been so long since i've been there i don't think i recognized any of the younger kids.
    and the old pictures were even better. i wish so badly sometimes that Devan could've known Grandpa.
    he and Grandma are so sorely missed.
    thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish y'all could have come! We had a great visit with everyone. The two girls in black and white are Doug and Anita's, the other girl is Blane and Patti's, and the two boys are Phillip and Sheila's.

    There were some other great picts I could have posted... like you actually holding a kitten!! :) Your dad has those cds. I want to get some more recent stuff scanned sometime, like some of our Christmases together. Yes, Grandma and Grandpa are soooo missed, but I know they are enjoying Christmas in Heaven!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!