Saturday, December 15, 2007

More Christmas Goodies

Yesterday I got a little Christmas baking done. Basically, the sugar cookies that I make every year. This is my Great-grandmother's recipe. They are really easy to make with my handy cookie press! Someone gave me this a few years ago and I love it! It is sooo much faster than rolling and cutting each cookie by hand, and they look great! Also, I had made a quick batch of brownies for Mark to take to his office party. There were several left so I cut them up and decorated them to take to our church dinner.

I cut a Christmas tree shape out of wax paper, put the shapes on the brownie bites and sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Also, I copied Melissa's idea for a cheese ball snowman! He was really fun and easy to make! Everyone liked him... I guess he's pretty likable! :)




Here is the recipe for the cookies:

1 1/2 C flour
3/4 c sugar
1/2 t baking powder
1/8 t salt
1/2 c butter
1 egg
1/2 t vanilla

sift dry ingredients
mix in butter and add egg and vanilla
roll thin on floured board and cut into desired shapes, dough may be colored with food coloring.
bake 8-10 minutes 350 degrees

I have to have a less stiff batter for the cookie press, so I add a couple of tablespoons of butter and all the butter I melt to a liquid. I have to keep the batter from getting too cool, or the press is cantankerous! :)

And the cheese ball recipe... super easy
1 package cream cheese
1 can of ham
1 t powdered ranch salad dressing mix

mix together and form in desired shape. Decorate as desired! :)

0 Friendly Greetings:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!