Homemaking is not just keeping house. It is paying attention to the over-all effect that each corner, each space, each nook and cranny has on you, the homemaker, and those who enter into it. A husband or father may not be able to tell his wife exactly why he likes it there so much, and may not even notice some of the details, but the combined effort will create a whole. This whole will be what everyone feels when they enter the room.On another note, I have posted some devotional-type material on my other blog. I have geared Time to Bloom for younger ladies (teens/early college age), but I think that hopefully, each of us can benefit from some of the thoughts. Many of the things that I post are things that God has been helping me with or situations that I have been dealing with in my life. I'm no theological guru, but if something has helped me, maybe it will help someone else as well. I just wanted you all to know that you are welcome over there, and welcome to share your thoughts on what I post. :)
Now I'm off to bring a sense of order to this house! Shovel, anyone?? :)
Just remember that you are on the right track, because your heart's desire is to have a peaceful home. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the sweet comment. It made me think... perhaps the desire is the first step. Some homes aren't peaceful maybe because the inhabitants are too busy or just don't care!
ReplyDelete