Monday, May 19, 2008

Sunday Blessing



O Thou in whose presence my soul takes delight,
On whom in affliction I call;
My comfort by day and my song in the night,
My hope, my salvation, my all.

Dear Shepherd, I hear, and will follow Thy call,
I know the sweet sound of Thy voice;
Protect and defend me, for Thou art my all,
And in Thee I will ever rejoice.

From "O Thou in Whose Presence"
by Joseph Swain


I am hoping to do a Sunday Blessing every week. My aim is to pick a few lines from a song that we sing in church that really stood out to me and share them here. There are many old hymns with beautiful words, some not so familiar to us. Maybe some of these songs will be new to you and will be an encouragement.

There is also a new post over at Time to Bloom.

Blessings!

PS~ I know my "Sunday Blessing" is a little late this week. Oh, well. :) (Time for me to go to bed!)

2 comments:

  1. I will look forward to this. I love hymns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chari?
    Hello?

    TO your subject, though, I lead the singing at church and joke about not liking any of these modern hymns. Modern being anything written post-Charles Wesley. My personal favorite, right now, is Be Thou My Vision.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!