Friday, August 29, 2008

Finished Object Friday

I haven't done a whole lot of crafting this week. I've focused more on my knitting, which I can't really show - Christmas is coming soon, you know! But, I did make these little bows up for the girls. The bigger ones are for their hair, and the little ones are for Faithie's shoes (they have little slots at the top for bows) Regina said she can't pull my bows off as easily as the ones she bought with the shoes.



Regina and I picked out the ribbon while we were out shopping last week. Perfect for fall! I had so much fun making them! The big ribbon is wired, which makes a pretty bow. The only problem I found with the wired, is that it doesn't keep it's shape. It goes into any shape, so if it gets bumped or anything, it will hold the new shape. I think probably, that a non-wired would be better.

For the clip base, I basically used the same technique described in this blog tutorial. (For the shoe clips, I didn't cover the bottom prong with ribbon.) For you moms out there, or those that like to make things, here is a great website with all sorts of hairbow tutorials! I have lots of clips to make up! I also want to make some similar to these. :) If you make any bows, I would love to see them! (Now or any other time!)

Come join in on Finished Object Friday!
For guidelines, click here.

3 comments:

  1. How cute. Maybe I will have a little girl so I can make some too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bows are really cute. I loved putting bows in my daughters hair when she was little. I have two
    grandsons now. Waiting on that little girl.
    I will join you this Friday. It sounds like fun. I'll write about it on my blog too.
    Have a Blessed week.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!