Thursday, November 6, 2008

Finished Object Friday

I know you have all been waiting anxiously for a glimpse of the finished purse from the bubbling pot... :)

So here it is!

Sorry about the not so great picture. I want to have one taken outside, but it's a little dark for natural lighting! Look for improvements later.

Well, actually it is not quite finished, but it is at a level of completion! :) Please mentally apply a (cute!) button to the flap. Then email me what you see, because I need to go button shopping tomorrow and I need all the help I can get! :) I also need to do some readjustments on the lining.

Here is a picture of the inside.


Just for reference, here is what it looked like before it was felted.

Can you see how much looser the stitches are?
The fabric is much stronger now!

Oh, and I haven't forgotten the lining tutorial, it's coming soon. You really don't want me to do it tonight. Between the time change and election night, my internal clock is out of whack, and thus my brain isn't quite up to par! :) (At least those sound like good reasons... if this is the normal me, I'm in trouble!) I really am identifying with this kitty.

So what projects have you been working on recently? Please share! :)
However, please follow the guidelines:
How to:
1. Write a post about your finished object on your own blog. (Include pictures, please!) :)
2. Include a link to my current FOF post in your post.
3. Link to Mr. Linky on my blog post using the permalink for your post.
4. Enjoy looking at everyone else's projects ...and don't forget to leave them a comment! :)




3 comments:

  1. Your purse is absolutely darling - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented. My daughter loves purses and shoes. I'd say she has a fettish even. She would like the purses you display.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purse looks great. You are doing a great job. Your keeping me motivated to make things.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!