Monday, October 27, 2008

What's in your pot?

There are two pots bubbling on my stove...

Here's one:


A nice (though small) pot of beans for supper. It will be great with some rice and cornbread! Such a warm and Southern meal! :)

Here's the other pot:

Ok, I know some yarns are yummy but this is taking it a little too far, don't you think?? :) Actually I am in the midst of felting my purse! I finally got the knitting finished. I would love to have it lined by Friday, but it will need to dry! I know it is easier to felt things in the washing machine, but I never have. I enjoy the process of feeling the fibers felt together. I also finished another purse I started right after last Christmas... it's about time! More on that project Friday.

Hope everyone else's week is off to a good start!

Blessings!


ETA: 3 Hours later... The purse is in the washing machine! :) It was felting but very slowly and because of the looseness of the stitches I wanted it very felted. So after much squeezing of purple and wrinkled fingers and purple fingernails... I succumbed to convenience! :) Oh, and it's looking pretty good now!

7 comments:

  1. Those beans look yummy. It's nice to have some variety on your stove. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had salmon stew in our pot tonight. :)

    The beans look great! I think we'll have some of those this week as well.

    I'm looking forward to seeing your felted purse!! Maybe you could do a tutorial on lining it? I've got a couple of purses I knitted and want to line, but not sure how to go about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lined the other purse today... I wish I would think to take pictures! I will try to get this one lined this week. I want to use it this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with the others the beans look yummy but I think the stuff in the other pot would be just a bit chewy. Can't wait to see the finished product, I am also glad to know I am not the only one who starts a project and does not complete it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beans look good! Chilli will be in our pot tonight! Looking forward to seeing the purse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now my curiosity is piqued: what is felting? Is that a dumb question?

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are no dumb questions. :) Felting is a process that binds the fibers of the yarn together through friction, pressure, soap, water and heat. Animal fibers, such as the wool above, have scales like our hair does. In felting these scales open up and then close on each other, interlocking. It is one of the strongest "materials" that can be made. (Think of the sheets of felt in the craft section.) You can cut it, like I could just cut a button hole, and it won't unravel. The purse also shrunk in the process, so it is a denser stronger fabric than just the knitting. Hope that helps. :) I'm planning to post the finished purse later this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!