Friday, October 24, 2008

Finished Object Friday

Wow, another week already! And only one more week in October! Anyone ready for Christmas? :)

For this Finished Object Friday, I wanted to share more details on this project:


This was the first time I had ever made a diaper cake! I didn't included a lot of little things, but made it more of a classic/fall look. Regina really liked it as you can tell!


In fact, it is now the centerpiece on her table! :)

I started with this tutorial. I had seen some recently at a flea market, and I like the layered look (vs. rolling each diaper and tying individually). I found big file folder rubber bands to hold each layer together (at the grocery store of all places! Wally World didn't have them!) :) This tutorial was helpful in figuring out the layering (see step 11 and the video at the bottom). I then added a couple of fall floral picks - I bent the ends down and just poked them between the diapers. I didn't make the bow, my wonderful mother did!!! She does a great job with those big floral bows - I've barely conquered girls' hairbows! She also made the bow for the corsage and helped me put it together. Here it is (picture taken yesterday - Regina is drying it.)

This also turned out VERY pretty and cost a lot less than buying it at a florist! :)

I can't wait to see what you all have been crafting recently! For guidelines, click here.

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of one of those! That is very neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "cake" is so cute. You are getting so creative. Sure wish we could get together and let our "creativeness" work together. I have a finished object this week, Yeah, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I'm kinda liking this finished object thing! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!