Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Snapshots

Talk about a miniature jungle!



My tomato plants are going wild!
The branches are growing all over the place - from the cherry tomatoes anyway.

We've really been enjoying them. There's nothing like food straight from the garden! They have a whole different taste. I've been picking 3-4 a day, but I have a feeling that they are going to start ripening a lot faster than that.

In other garden news, my cucumber plant is quite happy and growing like crazy! Here is a close up - see it growing up the tomato cage? (it has the really big leaves.)

However, I have yet to see a cucumber grow. A cucumber plant has two types of flowers: one with the fruit and one with the pollen. Unfortunately, my plant doesn't have both. So I get a LOT of little cucumbers, but no pollination so they just shrivel up and die. (more info here.)
Oh, well. I do have a couple of little plants coming up, but they have been a little slow in providing pollen! :)

I love all the fruit that is available in the summer! I love creating things like this:

(before it's blended - a fruit smoothie with vanilla yogurt, peaches, strawberries, orange juice, ice and banana - I decided I like it better without the banana, though.)
I can't wait to go blueberry picking!

A year ago today I wrote this post. It's amazing how much you can miss a little guy like that. Here is Scamp enjoying some after-bath pampering just a few weeks before he died.

I'm so glad that God gave us creatures to love. Scamp was the greatest little dog, with a big heart and a youth and happiness until the very end. This may sound strange, but loosing him was one of the hardest things I've been through. If you've lost a long time pet, than you probably understand.

And just to leave you with a smile, don't you just love this?
Edited to add: I can't figure out how to embed the video - so just click on it to view it in Picasa. Sorry.

(Please pardon my babytalk!)
This little smile just lights the room! If they could only bottle how she makes you feel when she grins like that! I sure enjoy all three girls!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is quite contrary! :) I did some reading and evidently my cucumber plant is highly desirable, as long as the flowers get pollinated - I can't imagine how many cukes I would have then! oh well. My bell pepper is a little behind -planted late, but I've harvested a couple of nice banana peppers! Oh, the joy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!