Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday Blessing



Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord:
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword:
His truth is marching on.

(Chorus)
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
Glory, glory, hallelujah!
His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps,
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps:
His day is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment-seat:
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet!
Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on.

From: The Battle Hymn of the Republic
by Julia Ward Howe

We are having a patriotic service at our church this morning, in honor of the 4th and also dedicating our new flags. I am looking forward to it! What are you doing to honor the special day (the 4th)? I hope everyone has had a good week. I will probably be back tomorrow with a garden update. I ran out of time and energy for it on Saturday. :)

Many Blessings!
Charity

2 comments:

  1. The apple fell some distance from the tree. Was that not the official battle song of the Union you just shared with us?
    Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... not too far. Guess who's singing it this morning. shhh... don't tell his brother! :) (He made a concession for our patriotic service.)

    Happy 4th to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!