First off, here is a larger view of what the office looked like before:
And a closer look at my corner:
Coffee mug check, coupons check, hair stuff check, candy check, knitting needles check...
And the after shots:
I started at the bookshelf.
Worked at the printer and ironing board area...
That tray is one of my best organizing tips. The mail, especially sale ads for the week, usually ended up on the printer. So when we needed to print, we moved the piles to the ironing board, and when we needed to iron, back the piles went! :) So I found the tray at a thrift shop and put it to good use! There isn't much in it now. I did put our paper there, rather than have it wrinkle sitting upright in the shelf below. The box with the cords is Mark's project... I'm going to let him deal with it. :)
Now the biggest difference!
Whew! I feel so much better!! Everything tends to gather there - my own little drop off. I do still have a basket by the lamp, but it's better to keep things contained, and I will try not to let my stuff outgrow the basket. Oh, and tomorrow I am going through the basket on the floor at right. We don't need another clutter gatherer at the moment, and that is the only purpose it is serving! :)
Up next:
The battle against the yarn that is trying to take over the world!!
It's looking awesome!! I know how easy it is for stuff to just gather in piles!! It seems like every couple months its time to declutter again.... and oh how good it feels when it is done!!!
ReplyDeleteYou're really on a roll, aren't you?! Making good progress! And putting me under conviction :)Gotta go clear out some piles...
ReplyDelete