
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter, I am the clay.
Mold me and make me after Thy will,
While I am waiting, yielded and still.
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way
Search me and try me, Master, today!
Whiter than snow, Lord, wash me just now,
As in Thy presence humbly I bow.
Have Thine own way, Lord! Have Thine own way!
Hold o’er my being absolute sway!
Fill with Thy Spirit till all shall see
Christ only, always, living in me.
from Have Thine Own Way
by Adelaide A. Pollard
Oh Charity,
ReplyDeleteHow happy I am that I stumbled on to your blog!!. My dear, dear, step-father died in 2004. His last few months were spent in a Nursing Home in the town where I work. I would have lunch with him every day. Most days he wouldn't know me until I told him who I was. Some days he would just sit and stare and recite:
A charge to keep I have,
A God to glorify,
A never-dying soul to save,
And fit it for the sky.
Your January 31st post!!!
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
What sweet memories I have enjoyed on my lunch hour today. You are very sweet.
This is an awesome prayer -- whenever it's played, I thank God, then go to Him in prayer with the words all of us need. For Him to have His way is our goal as Christians. This prayer helps us remember that. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteYou're welcome! Thank you both for stopping by!
ReplyDelete