Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine's Tea

The ornaments of your house will be the guests who frequent it.
~Author Unknown

I have been planning to host a Valentine's Tea since... well, way before Valentine's Day. :) But due to various circumstances, the tea party kept getting postponed - until today!! I had Regina and her girls, Mom and Angie over for a tea party. I didn't do a whole lot of prep work or stress out about everything being perfect. The goal was to have a fun time! Here is the big people's table:

Note the sippy cup and extra setting for the littlest one - what was I thinking?

And the little people's table:

Only two place settings?

When the came in, the littlest one promptly settled in right there.

See the stroller in the back? It was for her. :) She is getting so big so fast!

They all had a fun time sipping tea (or milk) and eating scones.


Here are the big girls getting ready to enjoy their tea!

I don't think you can tell in this picture, but the whole time we were enjoying tea, a gentle snow was falling outside!! Perfect weather for a winter tea party! :)

We all had a very enjoyable time! We ladies decided that we should be doing this more often. It's so enjoyable to get together and visit and enjoy good food!

On the Menu:
~Tea - Berry and Manderine Orange Spice flavors
~Fruit salad - I put a little cherry jello in the cool whip to make it pink - it was also a little extra yum factor! :)
~Quiche - Regina made this - super yummy! We won't talk about how much I ate!
~Lemon Scones with lemon glaze. These scones are pretty sticky so I end up cooking them like drop biscuits instead of cutting them into triangles. The last few I added dried cranberries. I was wishing I had added them to the whole batch - very yummy! ( I love cranberries!) I used this recipe - without the poppy seeds and lemon curd.

3 comments:

  1. This is so nice Charity...the wee girls are so sweet...I had a Valentine tea for my grands on Monday after Valentines day...don't know if you saw my post on it or not...they had a lot of fun.. ...I have also had a Teddy Bear tea for the girls of our church once. We held it in our fellowship hall and it was so fun all us girls big and small....
    I am not sure but,I think I may have seen your mama and sister at Hobby Lobby one day a while back...I regonized them from your blog but,wasn't sure....Who knows maybe we will run into each other one day......blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, fun! Now you've made me hungry for scones :) Those sounds really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Tea Parties! They are some warm and pleasant with yummy foods!
    ~ Heather from Bizy Janes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!