I have always been a fan of audio drama. I grew up listening to all kinds. So I was so excited when I saw that I could review this Bible. When I first started listening, I think I was a little disappointed because I was expecting more of an interpretation of the Bible - a summary re-scripted (I guess I was thinking Odyssey). However, the more I listened, the more excited I became. This is God's Word brought to life in a sense. It is word for word the Bible - beautifully done! It will give you chills. One of the sections that has stood out to me is listening to the Sermon on the Mount. It was like listening to it and being right there. There were things that really got my attention more because I was listening versus reading. So far, I've gone through Matthew and some of Mark.
Everything about the Word of Promise is professional. The actors do a great job and really feel their parts. The music is beautiful. It is a little investment, but well worth it for years to come! Here's a little sneak peek:
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com

Wow, looks awesome! We need to check into getting this set to use for our family devotions. They seem to be really well done.
ReplyDelete