Friday, May 14, 2010

Finished Object Friday

I love chairs. (Whew. It feels good to get that confession over with!) :) No, really. I have several unique chairs. And I have a hard time passing up a unique chair - even if it is falling apart. (*ahem*) However, most of the chairs I do pick up are very stable and usable. Like this one: (An after picture - cause I want the pretty picture first...)

...which I picked up for a very reasonable price at our local Goodwill. (I'm not sure what is up with their furniture prices, but usually they are about what you would pay new. "Oh, look a cheapy bookcase - for $20! umm... isn't that what they are new in the store??) So anyway, I was happy to get this one for whatever price it was (I don't remember...) :)

Here it is how I bought it - plus just a little sanding.
I love it that the seat is a circle - unusual!

I started in painting - with minimal sanding as you can tell - and this is what happened:
very mottled. I was about to give up for the time being and go grab some primer. But I persevered!

I love it in my laundry room with my new apron hanging behind it!

So what have you been crafting recently? Maybe you have also been wielding a mean can of spray paint! I can't wait to see! :) Happy Friday, everyone!! (If you're new to FOF - check out this post for more info and instructions.)






This linky list is now closed.


8 comments:

  1. I just love your chair and apron. I don't have a finished object this week, you get nothing accomplished when the baby is sick. Maybe next time, parents are coming in about 4 weeks got lots to get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes 2 of us! Is there a support group for old chair fanatics? hehe
    I love how it turned out, and like you said, it looks so cute with your pretty apron hanging behind it :)
    I'll be linking up a little later on....gotta finish a few things!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love it! I have a chair that I spray painted and I like the way it turned out but I don't currently have it upstairs, since I don't really have a use for it right now.

    I painted it in the basement. Bad mistake...our house was filled with awful paint fumes! *gag* Next time I spray paint something it will be outside for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that chair! The round seat is so unique! I have a chair that I've been needing to paint and might get to it next week sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling chair - after your makeover!! ;)
    Yes, what it IS up with GW's furniture prices!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little white chair. It is so cute! You did a great job on it. Looks right at home in your laundry room and I like your apron as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat chair! I just got a very similar one - just taller - rescued from my grandpa's garage and the spiders :) I hope to fix it up a little and it can be a haircut or mama's helper or mama's talker spot for my kids in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!