You can serve high tea around the dining room table, but afternoon tea is more of a living room occasion, with everything brought in on a tray or a cart.
Angela Hynes, The Pleasures of Afternoon Tea
(from 365 Things Every Tea Lover Should Know)
Angela Hynes, The Pleasures of Afternoon Tea
(from 365 Things Every Tea Lover Should Know)
This past weekend Mark's brother and wife, Ryan and Mary, came for a visit. Mary and I had a great time chatting and shopping on Saturday. We shopped until we dropped! :) This is one of my proud finds. It was at an antique shop, but wasn't too over priced. :)
I originally intended it for the family room, but I think it looks right at home in the corner of my dining room. I'm still not sure what to put on that middle shelf. I'm glad to get my cookbooks moved over here. I was a little tired of them being so prominent in my china hutch.
Now I just need to figure out what I want to do with that space in the hutch! :)
What little things have you added to your home lately?
~~~~~~~~~~
A quick update on our friend Sis. Connie:
She was able to take her next round of chemo. Yesterday sounds like it was a pretty good day for her physically and she got to see her baby girl who turned one month yesterday. They are hoping she can get off the ventilator soon. Thank you all for your prayers!
OK, you know how I feel about red! That is the. cutest. thing. ever! I would love one of those in my kitchen. But, alas, there's ZERO floor space in there, so I may as well forget that thought. You've decorated it so cute, too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great find!! Just in time for a little Fourth of July decorating :)
ReplyDeleteLove your tray Charity...you should go to my blog ,get the link to Sue's from my Rednesday post today and add this this to our Rednesday link...it is perfect for it....blessings
ReplyDeleteI love, love, love your little red tea cart! My mom had yellow one when I was growing up! :)
ReplyDeleteLove your cart!!
ReplyDelete