Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday Blessing



The lady in the picture above is a very dear lady and friend, Connie S. Just a couple of weeks ago she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Today she is in the hospital battling cancer. She was just diagnosed on Wednesday with choriocarcinoma. Yesterday was a hard day for her, she coded twice. Today she has been stable. Churches all over the nation held special prayer services for her, including ours. We had a very special time of prayer for Sis. Connie. I hope you will help us pray for Sis. Connie that God would heal her so that she can go home to her family - her husband and three dear girls. This song is for her and the family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God picked up a sparrow that could no longer fly
He brushed off its wounds and then watched it soar into the sky
If He’s mindful of creation, on this I can depend
I am His child and I can place all my trust in Him

Chorus
I can trust Jesus, I can trust Jesus
He never once has failed to meet my needs
He is my strong tower, the strength in my weakest hour
I can trust Jesus, He takes care of me


I have prayed some prayers and felt they never were heard
But I held to God’s hand and kept right on trusting in His word
My wants and God’s desires don’t always agree
But I lean on His will for He always knows what’s best for me.

I Can Trust Jesus
by Gerald Crabb and Christian Taylor

(Click here to listen to the song.)

4 comments:

  1. We, too had a special prayer service yesterday - and I am believing God to answer those prayers! She is a special lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have prayed that Connie will see to the raising of that precious child; that she will receive the gift Hezekiah did, more years to her life. We have a mother of four, youngest one just two years old, battling Plasma Cell Leukemia. God has answered our prayers as she has gone through chemo, her blood remains free. She must continue through bone marrow transplant. You see, we know Connie's battle. She is not alone, she is wrapped in angels' wings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just prayed for this lady. May God heal and keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!