Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Arrow Beyond

Isn't the goal of telling kids Bible stories to help the Bible become real to them and to help them apply it to their lives? We have been having so much fun in Sunday school (and Wednesday evening Bible club) helping our little group of kids understand the Bible and what it means to them.

Lorie started the quarter(?) telling the stories of different shepherds (You may remember the sheep craft.), and now she is telling about David's life.  Last Sunday, she told the story of David and Jonathan. And what better way to tell a story than to have it acted out right there. So outside we went and Andrew helped illustrate the story.



And after the story, they each got to try out the big bow...


Even the teachers...


I didn't even hit the target... but I did get the arrow to fly! :) (I actually went above the target. Hey, at least it didn't just land three feet in front of me!!) :)

At the end, they each got their own bow and arrow set.


I don't think they will forget this lesson anytime soon!! :)  Now, don't you want to come to our Sunday school class?
(Oh, and I haven't forgotten Sunday blessing. I want to do it again soon.... I just need to take some pretty pictures to put with the songs...)  :)


Thank you all for your prayers. God has really been helping me. Here are a couple of posts that were just what I needed.
Still from Wisdom Begins with Wonder - on dealing with fears.
Coincidence Providence from The Making of M.O.M. - God is in control and nothing happens by chance

Now I'm off to reread them!! :) Happy Sunday, everyone!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! I do want to come to your Sunday school class! What fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, memorable lesson!

    and...{{{hugs}}} and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to get the lesson across. Nothing like hands on and visual for making it interesting for the kids and adults btw. They will retain it better and longer now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now thats what I call a hands on lesson...looks like everyone was enjoying it and having a very good time indeed...do have a blessed week Charity

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute pics! What a fun lesson! Oh, and I still love those red shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful lesson and one they won't soon forget!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hand's on = the best kind of teaching!! I'm sure they'll remember this lesson for a long time to come!
    Cute outfit too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!