Monday, April 4, 2011

How to Be God's Little Princess

Every girl wants to be a princess, right? Well, a lot of them anyway. It seems like princesses are everywhere. But I love the thought that each girl (and woman!) can be a princess because we are a child of the King! That's one thing that initially drew me to this book. That and the fact that I enjoy reading books on manners/etiquette. (I have read basically the whole volume of Miss Manners! Maybe I'm just a little overboard on that one...) I think it's great to install manners at a young age. How to be God's Little Princess by Sheila Walsh is a fun little book for girls, it is illustrated with ink drawings with lots of pink type - in headers etc... There is a lot of fun content in the book - quizzes, crafts, and puzzles. The author presented manners and deportment in a fun, appealing way.

I think this would be a great book for young girls to read, or to go through with mom. I did have a bit of trouble at first, figuring out which age level this book was geared to. The first chapter or two deals with clothing and appearances. I'm not sure that an 8-10 year old girl should be so concerned about looks, although I know that many are. I may have felt better if these chapters were a little farther along in the book, and more time was spent on inner beauty, instead of putting that last. But overall, I thought it was a fun book and a great way to study manners. Of course it wasn't very in depth - but I certainly wouldn't expect a young girl to get through all 700something pages of Miss Manners! :)


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Haven't seen this book, but Andrea loves "princess gigi" dvds by Sheila Walsh! We will have to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks like a good one for me to read with my daughters when they're a little older. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would like to share this book with my granddaughters,they are seven and ten....unfortunately,I find many eight,ten or even younger girls these days whom are very concerned about their style of dress...which in my opinion is way to mature for such young girls....I do my best as an elder to teach modesty in dress,behavior etc...but,in these days of society it is getting very hard to train young girls when they are bombarded on every end...Oh,well didn't mean to go there...sorry...thanks for sharing this book...maybe I will see you again at the up coming sale this month at Salvation Army..blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment! I love getting feedback and hearing from friends!