This week is the semi-annual book sale. I haven't shopped it a whole lot the past few times for some reason. Maybe because *ahem* I kinda have enough books.... (but don't let my hubby hear me say that... oh. wait. ummm.... HI, Mark!!) But I did find some great books, and I had a little help from Mom and Angie. Of course I helped them find books too so it evens out. :)
I thought this old hymnal was so unique:

It was published in 1878. Did you notice the unique setup of the pages? There is the music to a tune and under that, several songs that can be sung with each tune. Different than now, right? Mom told me that many old hymnals didn't even have the music, just listed the name of the tune along with the lyrics.
Here are several other books I bought:

I was thrilled to find "The Gift of Psalms." there are three cds in the back of the Psalms being read (select ones, not the whole book...) along with devotional material and prayers. I think it is another wonderful way to fill my home with Scripture!
The other books kindof speak for themselves. :) Have you found any books recently that you treasure? Maybe you have some special memories of some that I found? :) Happy reading!
I love book sales! I've had to stay away lately because we have too many books.
ReplyDeleteLove that hymnal. My parents collect old hymnals, but I've never seen one like that before. Wonderful!
I have to stay away from book sales like that because I buy too many books, and I already have too many. But I do enjoy browsing.
ReplyDeleteHave you read "When Crickets Cry" by Charles Martin? I read it this week..stayed up til 2 am one night!!! It is EXCELLENT!!
ReplyDelete