... is half done....literally!!
I fell in love with book wreaths... there are so many cute ones on Pinterest! This one especially grabbed my attention:
I thought it looked like something I could actually do! Problem: it's taking a LOT longer than I had anticipated!! The good part? I got to enjoy a film I've been wanting to rewatch for a while. Here is the tutorial. I did find my 2" punch at Hobby Lobby. I don't really have any extra advice, just plan on it taking a while!! :) Hope I can get it finished up next week.
Another title: "I tore up a book!"(which is really saying something for a book lover like me... I had to buy some books specifically for tearing up!) :)
I also have a special prayer request! Mark's brother, Ryan, has been in the hospital since Tuesday with a brown recluse bite on his arm. Last I heard, they may be doing surgery again this morning. We made a quick trip up to see him last night. I know he enjoyed the visit, but he is still in some pain. The Dr. didn't like the looks of things when he checked him yesterday. I know he would appreciate your prayers!
Happy Friday and Happy Linking, everyone!! :)
Wow, I'm super impressed that you are cutting up a book! LOL I just can't bring myself to do that, I guess like you I would definitely have to buy a book specifically for that purpose if I were going to do a craft with a book.
ReplyDeleteYour wreath is looking good!
What neat wreaths! I don't think I could tear up a book, either, unless I bought it specifically for that purpose.
ReplyDeleteI will pray for Mark's brother. From what I understand, those brown recluse bites can be bad.
Oh, and I caught that quote from Mary Poppins. And how true it is!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love your wreath! It's looking really great! I'd link up for FOF, but I already posted and blogger is not letting me edit to link back at you.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the wreath! I can't wait to make one of my very own. I have to say... after working in public libraries, I can tear up a book with no problem. There is so much junk out there :( Sadly, many parents still believe that 'It doesn't matter what they are reading as long as they are reading'. Unfortunately there are alot of authors out there corrupting our children. So, I say.. head to your local library, buy some junk book off the 'used book sale' and take out all your frustrations :) Have fun!
ReplyDeleteLove the wreath Charity and prayers will go up for your BIL...my niece was in the hospital not long ago for the same thing...she is home and doing well now....God is able....blessings
ReplyDeleteOooooh. ow. It's a nice wreath, but I would have a hard time cutting up a book to do it. Even a book that wasn't worth reading. hm. wonder what newspaper would look like? :P Have fun!
ReplyDelete