I love reading adoption stories. It's wonderful to see how God has brought other families together through adoption. I am excited to see how our family will come together! When I saw the opportunity to read this book about the Grant family's adoption story, I took it! You know you have enjoyed a book when it looks like this when you are done:
In her book, Love you More, Jennifer Grant tells the story of how they came to the decision to adopt, how they adopted their daughter, and how life has been since Mia joined their family. She describes the emotions that come before, during and after adopting. It is a book that will resound with any adoptive parent - domestic or international - because many of those emotions are the same in so many circumstances. She also helps the reader understand what is an appropriate response to discussing adoption if you are unfamiliar with the process.
I certainly enjoyed reading it, as you can tell by all my place markers. Not only was the content good, it was a very enjoyable read. A few times, as Jennifer was telling about her own childhood or giving historical background, it seemed to get a little tedious and I would wonder where she was going with it, then she would tie it back into their story and it all made sense. It took me a while to get through the book, mostly because I wasn't actually reading it. (duh, I know.) but when I took time to read, I was quickly sucked into their story.
Truthfully, the only thing I really disliked about the book - lame though it may seem - was the feel of it. It felt like sandpaper. I like to enjoy holding a book that I'm reading. :)
I would recommend this book to anyone considering adopting (domestic or
international) as an easy, encouraging read. I love that she lists
resources in the back - not only for adoption, but for ministries
dedicated to helping the orphans. It's also an awesome book for those
who know an adoptive family or a family considering adoption. It is
would help people understand how adoption works and the miracle of
becoming a family through adoption.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was given this book to review by Thomas Nelson's Book Sneeze program. The thoughts and opinions are my own.
Sounds like a great book! Thanks for the review!
ReplyDelete